Discover Orillia’s Neighbourhoods – West Ward
Do you want to know more about neighbourhoods in Orillia?
If you’re thinking of moving to Orillia, this guide will help you decide which neighbourhood may be the best one for you to begin your home search in. We’ve broken Orillia down into four categories with various neighbourhoods featured within each category. This blog features neighbourhoods in the West Ward. Check out our other blog on South Ward and South Waterfront.
Orillia recognized as a great place to invest
Ranked in 2018 as one of Ontario’s Top 10 Cities for Real Estate Investment by the Real Estate Investment Network (REIN), Orillia has consistently been recognized as one of the top cities expected to outperform other rental and housing markets in the province. The City of Orillia has made some significant investments such as the downtown waterfront development, a cutting-edge recreation facility and the Downtown Tomorrow Community Improvement Program grants which are expected to help increase tax assessment, employment opportunities and housing options in the City’s core.
Parks and recreation in South Ward & South Waterfront neighbourhoods
- Homewood Park (basketball/multi-court, disc golf, an outdoor rink, picnic tables, picnic shelter, playground, washrooms and a water fountain)
- Morningstar Park (tennis, playground)
- Clayt French Park (an accessible playground, a basketball/multi-court, an off-leash dog zone, an outdoor rink, a picnic table, a picnic shelter, a splash pad, washrooms and a water fountain)
- West Ridge Park – playground
- Rotary Place (2 hockey rinks, rock wall, tennis courts, soccer fields, turf soccer/football field
- West Orillia Sports Complex – (2 skating rinks, tennis, soccer fields, rock climbing wall, fitness classes)
- Scouts Valley trail loop
- Notre Dame Catholic School
- Harriett Todd Public School
- Regent Park Public School (French Immersion)
- Patrick Fogarty Catholic Secondary School
- Twin Lakes Secondary School
- Orillia Secondary School
- Samuel de Champlain Christian School
- Keystone Montessori & Elementary School
- Stellar Montessori School
- Orillia Christian School
Attention first-time home buyers and those looking to downsize, this family-friendly area may be just what you’re looking for. If you’re working with a modest budget (and let’s face it, many of us are), you can’t go wrong with the inventory of older and newer (early 2000s-built) homes available in the West Ward. Residents enjoy the proximity to highways 11 and 12, schools, Westridge shopping area, and more.
If you’re interested in a newer-built home, the newest homes in the City of Orillia can be found here in West Ridge. With this being the only free land in Orillia, there is ongoing building and development taking place, which is promising for those looking for a good return on their investment. With proximity to Lakehead University, this neighbourhood also provides an excellent opportunity for landlords or would-be landlords to purchase property which can be rented to students. Residents of West Ridge enjoy the proximity to highways 11 and 12, Costoco, Scouts Valley Walking trails, and the West Orillia Sports Complex.
Looking for a home in Orillia?
Speak to one of our Orillia neighbourhood experts today.
About Mike Howe