Expert Marie Kondo: How to Fold Like a Boss
We hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, yes, home sellers, potential buyers are looking in your closets and cupboards and passing judgement.
But there’s good news! We can help you get your drawers in order.
Let’s begin at the beginning, home owners. Marie Kondo says most of us have too much stuff in too many places which are stored badly. Begin with our Marie Kondo tidying up series from her book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up and then learn more about storage solutions that weren’t designed by a hoarder and then you’re ready to start folding.
Watch this brief video on how to fold the Marie Kondo Way or see the instructions below.
Fold, don’t hang
- Line your clothes up in rows so you can see what you have.
- Arrange clothes from dark to light in your closet, and heavy items to light
- When arranging your neatly folded packages in the drawer, think about colour coordinating. Keeping like colours together will help you to easily pick the perfect piece to pair with an outfit when you are in a hurry.
- Remember Marie Kondo’s trusty storage tip about boxes! Boxes can easily fit into drawers to keep your vertically-arranged items from falling over, or to create a divider between types and styles of clothing. Use dividers to distinguish between tank tops, tees or long sleeve shirts, or perhaps to differentiate between pants and shorts or crops.
- Even small items like socks and underwear can be folded neatly and arranged in rows based on colours and styles. Seeing a neatly organized wardrobe each morning is a sure way to start your day off on a positive note!
Do you need to get your house in order so you can sell it? We can help.