Latest on the Real Estate Market & What it Means for You – April 2019
Last month, year-over-year housing prices were up 7.7% in the Greater Barrie Area, 1.5% in Southern Georgian Bay and 5.1% in Orillia and Area.
Want to know what this would mean for your family if you decide to buy or sell a home?
We can help.
Call us today at 1-888-444-9533 or send us an email.
There’s absolutely NO OBLIGATION. A consultation with our team of experts is FREE.
If you’re house-hunting, the number of new homes on the market is a good indication of much inventory you’ll have to choose from. If you’re selling a home, the number of homes sold is a good indicator of how the market performed and whether the average sale price is up or down over the same time last year.
Greater Barrie Area (GBA)
- Average selling price is $520K, up 7.7% over April 2018
- 10.9% more new inventory than April 2018
- 23.5% more homes sold than April 2018
Southern Georgian Bay
- Average selling price is $405K, up 1.5% over April 2018
- .8% more new inventory than April 2018
- 9.5% fewer homes sold than April 2018
Orillia & Area
- Average selling price is $487K, up 5.1% over April 2018
- .8% less new inventory than April 2018
- 10.2% more homes sold than April 2018