Latest on the Real Estate Market & What it Means for You – January 2020
Last month year-over-year housing prices were up in the Greater Barrie area and Southern Georgian Bay and down in Orillia.
Want to know what this means for you as you consider buying or selling a home?
We can help.
Call us today at 1-888-444-9533 or send us an email.
There’s absolutely NO OBLIGATION. A consultation with our team of experts is FREE.
If you’re house-hunting, the number of new homes on the market is a good indication of how much inventory you’ll have to choose from. If you’re selling a home, the number of homes sold is a good indicator of how the market performed and whether the average sale price is up or down over the same time last year.
Greater Barrie Area
- Average selling price is $550K, up 10.5% over January 2019
- 6% less inventory than January 2019
- 10% more homes sold than January 2019
Southern Georgian Bay
- Average selling price is $403K, up 1.3% over January 2019
- 61% more inventory than January 2019
- 59% more homes sold than January 2019
Orillia & Area
- Average selling price is $411K, d0wn 12.4% over January 2019
- 12% more inventory than January 2019
- 107% more homes sold than January 2019