Latest on the Real Estate Market & What it Means for You – July 2019
Last month, year-over-year housing prices were relatively flat in the Greater Barrie Area, up only .7%, but were up in Southern Georgian Bay by 9.7% and 4.5% in Orillia and Area.
Want to know what this would mean for your family if you decide to buy or sell a home?
We can help.
Call us today at 1-888-444-9533 or send us an email.
There’s absolutely NO OBLIGATION. A consultation with our team of experts is FREE.
If you’re house-hunting, the number of new homes on the market is a good indication of much inventory you’ll have to choose from. If you’re selling a home, the number of homes sold is a good indicator of how the market performed and whether the average sale price is up or down over the same time last year.
Greater Barrie Area (GBA)
- Average selling price is $529K, up .7% over July 2018
- 6% more new inventory than July 2018
- 17.6% more homes sold than July 2018
Southern Georgian Bay
- Average selling price is $416K, up 9.7% over July 2018
- 16.5% more new inventory than July 2018
- 4.9% fewer homes sold than July 2018
Orillia & Area
- Average selling price is $519K, up 4.5% over July 2018
- 60% more new inventory than July 2018
- 9.4% fewer homes sold than July 2018