Latest on the Real Estate Market & What it Means for You – October 2019
Last month year-over-year housing prices were up across our entire serving area; about 10% in Orillia the Barrie and areas, and nearly 5% in Southern Georgian Bay.
Want to know what this means for you as you consider buying or selling a home?
We can help.
Call us today at 1-888-444-9533 or send us an email.
There’s absolutely NO OBLIGATION. A consultation with our team of experts is FREE.
If you’re house-hunting, the number of new homes on the market is a good indication of much inventory you’ll have to choose from. If you’re selling a home, the number of homes sold is a good indicator of how the market performed and whether the average sale price is up or down over the same time last year.
Greater Barrie Area (GBA)
- Average selling price is $562K, up 10% over October 2018
- 4.2% less new inventory than October 2018
- 26% more homes sold than October 2018
Southern Georgian Bay
- Average selling price is $431K, up 4.6% over October 2018
- 1.6% more new inventory than October 2018
- 10.7% more homes sold than October 2018
Orillia & Area
- Average selling price is $470K, up 9.6% over October 2018
- 17.9% more new inventory than October 2018
- 66.2% more homes sold than October 2018