Latest on the Real Estate Market & What it Means for You – August 2019
Last month year-over-year housing prices were up by 2.3% in the Greater Barrie Area, up 8.4% in the Southern Georgian Bay Area and down significantly in Orillia and Area, 10.7%.
Want to know what this would mean for your family if you decide to buy or sell a home?
We can help.
Call us today at 1-888-444-9533 or send us an email.
There’s absolutely NO OBLIGATION. A consultation with our team of experts is FREE.
If you’re house-hunting, the number of new homes on the market is a good indication of much inventory you’ll have to choose from. If you’re selling a home, the number of homes sold is a good indicator of how the market performed and whether the average sale price is up or down over the same time last year.
Greater Barrie Area (GBA)
- Average selling price is $519K, up 2.3% over August 2018
- 13.6% less new inventory than August 2018
- 10.3% more homes sold than August 2018
Southern Georgian Bay
- Average selling price is $431K, up 8.4% over August 2018
- 19.1% more new inventory than August 2018
- 25.2% fewer homes sold than August 2018
Orillia & Area
- Average selling price is $445K, down 10.7% over August 2018
- 10.2% less new inventory than August 2018
- 12.8% more homes sold than August 2018