Latest on the Real Estate Market & What it Means for You – May 2019
Last month, year-over-year housing prices were up across the board: over 6% in the Greater Barrie Area, nearly 10% in Southern Georgian Bay and nearly 15% in Orillia and Area.
Want to know what this would mean for your family if you decide to buy or sell a home?
We can help.
Call us today at 1-888-444-9533 or send us an email.
There’s absolutely NO OBLIGATION. A consultation with our team of experts is FREE.
If you’re house-hunting, the number of new homes on the market is a good indication of much inventory you’ll have to choose from. If you’re selling a home, the number of homes sold is a good indicator of how the market performed and whether the average sale price is up or down over the same time last year.
Greater Barrie Area (GBA)
- Average selling price is $537K, up 6.2% over May 2018
- 29.7% more new inventory than May 2018
- 11.2% fewer homes sold than May 2018
Southern Georgian Bay
- Average selling price is $437K, up 9.5% over May 2018
- 23.5% more new inventory than May 2018
- 14.5% more homes sold than May 2018
Orillia & Area
- Average selling price is $507K, up 14.9% over May 2018
- 14.4% more new inventory than May 2018
- 8.2% more homes sold than May 2018